Union Housekeeper – Group 3
Reporting to the Facility Co-ordination team, the Group 3 Housekeeper will perform a variety of duties to keep Exhibition Place clean and sanitary.
- Clean and sanitize washrooms including washing floors, toilets, mirrors, countertops, fixtures and ensure washrooms are well stocked with paper products
- Sweep and light mop inside floor areas
- Maintain cleanliness of outside grounds, including sweeping, raking, picking up and removal of garbage and recycling
- Maintain, replenish cleaning products and supplies, organize and clean janitorial storage areas and rooms
- Inspect equipment prior to each shift and report any deficiencies
- Complete and maintains record relateds to work tasks
- Perform other related tasks as may be assigned in Groups 1 and 2, in accordance with the LiUNA 506 Collective Agreement
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be physically capable of performing required duties, including prolonged standing, bending, reaching and lifting, and able to work indoors and outdoors in climatic conditions
- Knowledge of cleaning principles, practices and procedures including Waste Diversion
- Demonstrated ability in the safe operation of related janitorial equipment (i.e. broom, mop, vacuum, cleaning products and wearing PPE)
- Ability to lift materials and equipment (weighing up to 50 lbs or 20 kg)
- Ability to stand and walk for full eight (8) hours shifts
- Ability to push/pull carts, equipment of up to 50 lbs
- A proven ability to communicate in a courteous and tactful manner with a commitment to customer service
- Ability to accurately follow verbal and written instructions
- Must be familiar with WHMIS and the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations that apply to this work
- Ability and willingness to work days, evenings, overnights, weekends including holidays as required to support shows and events
- Must possess and be able to maintain a valid Province of Ontario Class ‘G’ Driver’s License and must qualify for the City of Toronto equipment operating permit
- Possession of a DZ license is an asset
- Trained, or willingness and ability to complete working at heights and fall arrest training
- Good work record including reliable attendance and punctuality
Successful candidates may have the opportunity to earn a higher rate of pay in Groups 1 and 2 classifications, in accordance with the terms of the collective agreement. Training will be provided for this higher-rated work (i.e. walk-behind and super sucker vacuum cleaners, heavy mopping tools & equipment, steam machine, working at heights and fall arrest, elevated work platform, floor scrubber & sweeper, leaf blower, carpet shampooer, power washer and how to drive and operate a tractor).
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion:
Exhibition Place is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to this position, due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, please email us at email@example.com quoting job title and closing date. Exhibition Place is committed to providing Code-protection accommodation throughout its hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Exhibition Place, we strive to be a model of public service excellence through the ongoing effort and commitment of employees.