Exhibition Place is Canada’s largest entertainment venue, attracting over 5.5 million visitors a year. The 192-acre site is an integral component of Toronto and Ontario’s economy, particularly with respect to conventions, sport, festivals, recreation, culture, and tourism. Located at Exhibition Place is the award-winning Enercare Centre, Canada’s largest exhibition and convention centre which is now LEED Platinum certified, and Beanfield Centre conference venue which is LEED Silver certified. Since 2004, Exhibition Place has undertaken an environmental stewardship initiative, entitled GREENSmart; which includes the promotion of sustainable development, environmental initiatives, and leading edge green technologies and practices across the site. Our environmental initiatives have resulted in award-winning recognition across North America, such as the Platinum Waste Minimization Award from the Recycling Council of Canada, and have established Exhibition Place as a world leader in energy-efficient technologies.
Please note: All successful candidates will be eligible for full time work for the Canadian National Exhibition (August 19th to September 5th) and work as required moving forward.
Reporting to the Facility Co-ordination team, the Casual Cleaner will perform a variety of duties to keep Exhibition Place clean and sanitary.
- Clean and sanitize washrooms including washing floors, toilets, mirrors, countertops, fixtures and ensure washrooms are well stocked with paper products
- Sweep and light mop inside floor areas
- Maintain cleanliness of outside grounds, including sweeping, raking, picking up and removal of garbage and recycling
- Maintain, replenish cleaning products and supplies, organize and clean janitorial storage areas and rooms
- Inspect equipment prior to each shift and report any deficiencies
- Complete and maintains record related to work tasks
- Perform other related tasks as may be assigned in Groups 1 and 2, in accordance with the LiUNA 506 Collective Agreement
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be physically capable of performing required duties, including prolonged standing, bending, reaching and lifting, and able to work indoors and outdoors in climatic conditions
- Knowledge of cleaning principles, practices and procedures including Waste Diversion
- Demonstrated ability in the safe operation of related janitorial equipment (i.e. broom, mop, vacuum, cleaning products and wearing PPE)
- Ability to lift materials and equipment (weighing up to 50 lbs or 20 kg)
- Ability to stand and walk for full eight (8) hours shifts
- Ability to push/pull carts, equipment of up to 50 lbs
- A proven ability to communicate in a courteous and tactful manner with a commitment to customer service
- Ability to accurately follow verbal and written instructions
- Must be familiar with WHMIS and the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations that apply to this work
- Ability and willingness to work days, evenings, overnights, weekends including holidays as required to support shows and events
- Possession of a DZ license is an asset
- Trained, or willingness and ability to complete working at heights and fall arrest training
- Good work record including reliable attendance and punctuality
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
Exhibition Place is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to this position due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, please email us quoting the job title and closing date. Exhibition Place is committed to providing Code-protection accommodation throughout its hiring process.
At Exhibition Place, we strive to be a model of public service excellence through the ongoing effort and commitment of employees.