Accounts Payable Analyst
Exhibition Place is Canada’s largest entertainment venue, attracting over 5.5 million visitors a year. The 192-acre site is an integral component of Toronto and Ontario’s economy, particularly with respect to conventions, sport, festivals, recreation, culture, and tourism. Located at Exhibition Place is the award-winning Enercare Centre, Canada’s largest exhibition and convention centre which is now LEED Platinum certified, and Beanfield Centre conference venue which is LEED Silver certified. Since 2004, Exhibition Place has undertaken an environmental stewardship initiative, entitled GREENSmart; which includes the promotion of sustainable development, environmental initiatives, and leading edge green technologies and practices across the site. Our environmental initiatives have resulted in award-winning recognition across North America, such as the Platinum Waste Minimization Award from the Recycling Council of Canada, and have established Exhibition Place as a world leader in energy-efficient technologies.
Our compensation package offers a competitive salary and pay-for-performance incentives. In addition, our total rewards program includes participation in OMERS – defined benefit pension plan, 100% employer paid health & dental plan, long term & short-term disability coverage, professional development opportunities, and tuition reimbursement.
Exhibition Place has adopted a vaccination policy, as a condition of employment all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination confirmation prior to commencing employment.
Reporting to the Director of Accounting, the Accounts Payable Analyst is responsible for review and process accounts payable for goods and services procured for disbursement, monitor bank balances, and provide monthly financial reporting.
- Review and process all invoices for payment including collection of documentation and verify relevant taxes and special payment terms and/or discounts and correct any discrepancies.
- Prepare invoices for disbursement including working with end user departments and generate cheques/EFT.
- Monitor bank balances and accounts payable requirements to determine cash flow position and assist in development of cash management strategy.
- Assist with and maintain the banking functions including funds availability; internal transfers; wire and banking transfers; and non-sufficient funds cheque follow-up.
- Prepare and make daily bank deposits.
- Prepare monthly accounts payable report for the Board.
- Assist in the implementation of internal controls, policies and procedures related to purchasing and payables.
- Receive, review, and interpret a variety of source documents including contracts and agreements for capital and non-capital projects, to verify all terms of payment and holdback schedules.
- Perform general ledger accounts analysis and analyze budget variances.
- Assist in the preparation of year-end working papers for audit.
- Input and update the accounts payable and vendor card program.
- Handle inquiries on payments and outstanding balances.
- Maintain petty cash fund for accounting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Progressing towards achieving or achieved post-secondary education in a discipline related to accounting and finance.
- Progressive accounting experience in a computerized environment. Microsoft Great Plains knowledge is an asset.
- Experience using software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, and electronic mail).
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and Harmonized Sales Tax legislation.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to handle confidential documents and reports.
All Exhibition Place employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the Exhibition Place Vaccination Policy.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion:
Exhibition Place is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
Exhibition Place is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Exhibition Place, we strive to be a model of public service excellence through the ongoing effort and commitment of employees.