Administrative Assistant Level II
Reporting to the Director, Operations Services, the Administrative Assistant Level II provides administrative support to the Director and the division.
- Prepare/draft internal memos, reports and general correspondence
- Coordinate and execute all details related to meetings and if required, record minutes and manage any follow-up issues
- Review, and direct the processing of correspondence and initiate responses on a variety of matters not requiring the personal attention of the Director
- Schedule appointments, meetings and ensure the Director is prepared for commitments
- Follow up on action items on behalf of the Director
- Handle inquiries and requests for information from all levels of staff and external parties related to the division
- Assist in the preparation of the budget administration, providing up-dates of budget expenditures, maintain and verify division records and provide related support
- Handle account queries and prepare budget reports as required
- Process and verify employee hours worked for unionized trades
- Act as liaison with the Finance department regarding insurance claims
- Receive, input and distribute work orders/invoices, rental and service forms, and follow-up as required
- Track all trades commitments and produce reports as required
- Liaise with exhibitor services to ensure audit missed revenues are processed into electrical show total revenues
- Monitor vehicle daily inspection log books and provide monthly reports
- Maintain employee files for all trades’ service areas
- Maintain event files and prepare monthly reports
- Maintain operations technical library
- Maintain division files and other record keeping systems
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Several years’ experience performing administrative duties to senior management.
- Experience utilizing software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, databases and electronic mail).
- Experience working with basic accounting principles and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Good organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential documents and reports.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Post-secondary education pertinent to the job function an asset.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion:
Exhibition Place is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to this position, due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, please email us at email@example.com quoting job title and closing date. Exhibition Place is committed to providing Code-protection accommodation throughout its hiring process.
We thank all applicants, however, only those who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered for review.