Associate Corporate Buyer
Exhibition Place is Canada’s largest entertainment venue, attracting over 5.5 million visitors a year. The 192-acre site is an integral component of Toronto and Ontario’s economy, particularly with respect to conventions, sport, festivals, recreation, culture, and tourism. Located at Exhibition Place is the award-winning Enercare Centre, Canada’s largest exhibition and convention centre which is now LEED Platinum certified, and Beanfield Centre conference venue which is LEED Silver certified. Since 2004, Exhibition Place has undertaken an environmental stewardship initiative, entitled GREENSmart; which includes the promotion of sustainable development, environmental initiatives, and leading edge green technologies and practices across the site. Our environmental initiatives have resulted in award-winning recognition across North America, such as the Platinum Waste Minimization Award from the Recycling Council of Canada, and have established Exhibition Place as a world leader in energy-efficient technologies.
Our compensation package offers a competitive salary and pay-for-performance incentives. In addition, our total rewards program includes participation in OMERS – defined benefit pension plan, 100% employer paid health & dental plan, long term & short-term disability coverage, professional development opportunities, and tuition reimbursement.
Exhibition Place has adopted a vaccination policy, as a condition of employment all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination confirmation prior to commencing employment.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the Associate Corporate Buyer will be responsible for the development, drafting, tendering, and leading evaluations for various formal procurement solicitations such as Request for Quotations, Request for Proposals, negotiated RFP’s Tenders, etc., to purchase goods and services for the various divisions within Exhibition Place.
- Assists in preparing the full bid documents (request for proposals, requests for information, request for quotations etc.) issued directly by Exhibition Place, including assisting in evaluating bids to ensure that specifications, policies, and legal requirements are met.
- Assists in the preparation of product specifications, descriptions, and scope of work for bid documents (request for proposals, requests for information, request for quotations etc.) issued through the City of Toronto Purchasing Department and responds to any inquiries about these documents from the City buyers.
- Conducts informal quotation processes in accordance with the purchasing processes in the Exhibition Place Financial By-Law and purchasing policies and procedures.
- Liaise with suppliers regarding delivery, quality, etc., to ensure that divisional and specification requirements are met, including LEED standards.
- Operates the Exhibition Place purchasing system to process purchasing requirements (e.g., purchase orders, quotations requests, proposal calls, etc.) and updates and retrieves purchasing information.
- Confers with suppliers regarding delivery, quantity etc., to ensure department specifications are met.
- Prepare purchase orders and related documentation (e.g., price agreements, correction sheets etc.) from quotations, tenders, and proposals.
- Edits and processes requisitions.
- Maintain databases and retrieval systems for records/documents.
- Respond to inquiries from internal departments, City of Toronto Purchasing Department, and suppliers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Possesses or is actively pursuing a certificate from a recognized Purchasing program or an approved equivalent of education and/or experience pertinent to the job function.
- Several years of practical buying experience in a Municipal environment (processing tenders, quotations, proposals, purchase orders) is an asset.
- Experience working with computerized purchasing systems.
- Experience utilizing software packages (word processing, spreadsheet, and electronic mail).
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral).
- Good organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team environment.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
Exhibition Place is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to this position due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, please email us quoting the job title and closing date. Exhibition Place is committed to providing Code-protection accommodation throughout its hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Exhibition Place, we strive to be a model of public service excellence through the ongoing effort and commitment of employees.