Booking & Contract Administrator
Exhibition Place is Canada’s largest entertainment venue, attracting over 5.5 million visitors a year. The 192-acre site is an integral component of Toronto and Ontario’s economy, particularly with respect to conventions, sport, festivals, recreation, culture, and tourism. Located at Exhibition Place is the award-winning Enercare Centre, Canada’s largest exhibition and convention centre which is now LEED Platinum certified, and Beanfield Centre conference venue which is LEED Silver certified. Since 2004, Exhibition Place has undertaken an environmental stewardship initiative, entitled GREENSmart; which includes the promotion of sustainable development, environmental initiatives, and leading edge green technologies and practices across the site. Our environmental initiatives have resulted in award-winning recognition across North America, such as the Platinum Waste Minimization Award from the Recycling Council of Canada, and have established Exhibition Place as a world leader in energy-efficient technologies.
Exhibition Place has adopted a vaccination policy, as a condition of employment all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination confirmation prior to commencing employment.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Booking & Contract Administrator will maintain the master-booking schedule and administer facility license agreements.
Maintain master-booking schedule and administer facility license agreements.
- Monitor calendar of events for possible grounds-wide conflicts with building space demands, parking/traffic, roadway restrictions and facility maintenance schedule.
- Issue license agreements and/or other documents relating to space reservations and ensure timely execution.
- Consult with city legal with respect to amendments on the standard license agreements.
- Prepare/process and distribute paperwork, event order confirmations, correspondence, and license agreements for all bookings.
- Liaise with operational departments and track construction and capital works space holds in Ungerboeck database.
- Maintain event filing system and prepare and compile reports.
- Track and collect first payment license deposits and executed contracts within specified deadlines and liaise with finance department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in a discipline pertinent to the job function or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Progressive experience in event booking and/or contract administration.
- Experience utilizing a variety of software packages (word processing, spreadsheet and electronic mail).
- Good interpersonal skills in the area of verbal and written communications at all organizational levels.
- Good organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines with attention to detail.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Knowledge and ability to interpret contracts and legal documentation.
- Knowledge of facility management software and event booking management system knowledge an asset.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
All Exhibition Place employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the Exhibition Place Vaccination Policy.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion:
Exhibition Place is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
Exhibition Place is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Exhibition Place, we strive to be a model of public service excellence through employees' ongoing effort and commitment; we're looking to hire a Booking & Contract Administrator for 18 months.