Digital Marketing Specialist
Exhibition Place is Canada’s largest entertainment venue, attracting over 5.5 million visitors a year. The 192-acre site is an integral component of Toronto and Ontario’s economy, particularly with respect to conventions, sport, festivals, recreation, culture, and tourism. Located at Exhibition Place is the award-winning Enercare Centre, Canada’s largest exhibition and convention centre which is now LEED Platinum certified, and Beanfield Centre conference venue which is LEED Silver certified. Since 2004, Exhibition Place has undertaken an environmental stewardship initiative, entitled GREENSmart; which includes the promotion of sustainable development, environmental initiatives, and leading edge green technologies and practices across the site. Our environmental initiatives have resulted in award-winning recognition across North America, such as the Platinum Waste Minimization Award from the Recycling Council of Canada, and have established Exhibition Place as a world leader in energy-efficient technologies.
Our compensation package offers a competitive salary and pay-for-performance incentives. In addition, our total rewards program includes participation in OMERS – defined contribution pension plan, 100% employer paid health & dental plan, long term & short-term disability coverage, professional development opportunities, and tuition reimbursement.
Exhibition Place has adopted a vaccination policy, as a condition of employment all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination confirmation prior to commencing employment.
The Digital Marketing Specialist will report to the Director of Sales and Marking and is responsible for implementing the strategic marketing plans, content creation for digital marketing, social media, traditional marketing, brand awareness, media relations, and communications to promote Exhibition Place to planners, organizers, attendees, tenants and public.
- Develop, and implement digital marketing including, but not limited to: website design, content and updates, mobile site, apps, blogs, corporate and sales videos, photography, digital advertising, graphic design, and online presence, etc. for Exhibition Place, Beanfield Centre, Enercare Centre and Exhibition Place Planner sites. (Excluding any content related to the Board and Records & Archives).
- Develop and implement all social media marketing and social community engagement on a variety of platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.
- Listen to and monitor all social platforms and media feeds for Exhibition Place items trending, including meetings and exhibitions industry, tenant trends, media coverage and community engagement etc. and generate monthly reporting and analytics.
- Create and implement the messaging and creative for the outdoor pixel boards, digital outdoor advertising, desktop player, photo and video library.
- Write and distribute press releases, editorial content and event listings, follow-up with media outlets and prepare monthly reports of media coverage.
- Develop and implement the advertising plan, including advertising placement in digital and print, advertorial, photography, collateral materials, develop and monitor ad budget, and liaise with external suppliers.
- Participate in the development of the annual strategic marketing plan including digital marketing, social marketing, media relations, and brand management.
- Research and analyze competitive set marketing strategies and digital marketing trends.
- Coordinate special marketing projects, and other duties as assigned.
- Several years’ experience in communications, managing online communities, content creation or journalism.
- Self-starter who is able to take initiative, set priorities, multi-task, possess time management skills, create a strategic vision, meet deadlines, anticipate trends and business needs and liaise with different internal/external departments.
- Progressive work experience with knowledge of digital marketing, website development, social media and community engagement, analytical research, advertising and media relations.
- Excellent skills in written/verbal communication and interpersonal relationships.
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign / Photoshop / Illustrator/iMovie/ Social media platforms.
- Ability to be flexible in the scheduling of full time work hours to allow for social media coverage on weekdays and weekends.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion:
Exhibition Place is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to this position, due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, please email us quoting the job title and closing date. Exhibition Place is committed to providing Code-protection accommodation throughout its hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Exhibition Place, we strive to be a model of public service excellence through the ongoing effort and commitment of employees.