Electrical & Energy Services Supervisor
Reporting to the Director of Operations Services, the Electrical & Energy Services Supervisor is responsible for overseeing all activities related to the delivery of electrical and energy supply and services including energy monitoring, metering and electrical efficiencies.
- Supervise, plan and coordinate work assignments and the administration of electrical services.
- Oversee the electrical maintenance of high and low voltage distribution, building automation, data communication and site auxiliary systems.
- In conjunction with the Building Coordinator oversee the electrical operations and maintenance related to the district energy system servicing the hotel.
- Coordinate the operation and maintenance of the in-house electronic metering, conservation and billing systems.
- Review utility data and energy consumption reports, provide guidance with respect to energy conservation for buildings, grounds and shows and source out and recommend new initiatives for energy conservation / savings.
- Source out, prepare and submit applications for energy loans, grants and incentives.
- Coordinate production of annual reports on energy conservation initiatives and performance of new energy technologies.
- Liaise with all division coordinators, third-party contractors and clients in the provision of services.
- Prepare cost estimates for the supply of services.
- In accordance with the preventative maintenance & inspection program, verify inspections are conducted and equipment is maintained in proper working order.
- Assist with the administration and enforcement of Health & Safety, including the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Provide technical support for in-house capital works projects.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and standards in the area of electrical and energy services.
- Assist with the administration of the collective agreements in the areas of negotiations, arbitration and grievances.
- Assist in the preparation of tender documents, quotations and contracts as they relate to electrical services.
- Assist with the building audit process of all buildings including tenanted managed buildings.
- Provide input and monitor operating maintenance budget and recoveries.
- Provide input to the capital budgets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education or trades license in a discipline pertinent to the job function or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Licensed Electricians will be preferred.
- At least ten years’ experience in maintenance of high-voltage electrical equipment, electrical construction and maintenance and operation of electronic metering system in exhibition environment.
- Experience in supervising staff in a unionized environment dealing with large scale events.
- Experience utilizing software packages (word processing, spreadsheet and electronic mail).
- Sound knowledge of energy conservation and emerging energy technologies. • Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written at all organizational levels.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to interpret collective agreements, Occupational
- Health & Safety Act, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System, applicable codes, standards, guidelines and government legislation as they apply to electrical services.
- Ability to work days, evenings and weekends including holidays, as required to support operationalrequirements.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Exhibition Place is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to this position, due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, please email us at email@example.com quoting job title and closing date. Exhibition Place is committed to providing Code-protection accommodation throughout its hiring process. We thank all applicants, however, only those who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered for review.