Energy Conservation Facilitator
Exhibition Place is Canada’s largest entertainment venue, attracting over 5.5 million visitors a year. The 192-acre site is an integral component of Toronto and Ontario’s economy, particularly with respect to conventions, sport, festivals, recreation, culture, and tourism. Located at Exhibition Place is the award-winning Enercare Centre, Canada’s largest exhibition and convention centre which is now LEED Platinum certified, and Beanfield Centre conference venue which is LEED Silver certified. Since 2004, Exhibition Place has undertaken an environmental stewardship initiative, entitled GREENSmart; which includes the promotion of sustainable development, environmental initiatives, and leading edge green technologies and practices across the site. Our environmental initiatives have resulted in award-winning recognition across North America, such as the Platinum Waste Minimization Award from the Recycling Council of Canada, and have established Exhibition Place as a world leader in energy-efficient technologies.
Reporting to the Director, Operations & Facility Services, manage energy matters relating to utility consumption, metering, tracking and continuous sustainability and conservation for the property.
- Monitor and verify energy conservation programs for the buildings and grounds.
- Conduct building energy assessment and energy measure development
- Provide technical review and assessment of external consultant’s methodology and feasibility studies
- Calculate Energy consumption and forecast potential demand savings associated with energy metering
- Develop standard operating procedures for energy verification process
- Review and track trends for utility consumptions of Exhibition place properties
- Implement systems and energy efficiency projects
- Develop macros and other software languages to reduce trending time
- Analyze energy trends and produce monthly summary report for executives
- Identify and secure possible incentives of ongoing projects
- Monitor utilities consumption and metering devices for buildings and grounds, including tenanted buildings
- Consolidate utility data and prepare monthly reports for Exhibition Place, including tenants, grounds, and by event
- Develop and maintain utilities and energy dashboards
- Investigate and initiate new engineering projects relating to conservation and sustainability
- Attend GreenSmart committee and provide technical information
- Advise on LEED and sustainability related matters
- Monitor and forecast global adjustment and energy consumption projection
- Provide energy data as it relates to the preparation of applications for loans and grants to various climate change agencies (e.g. Better Building Partnership, Toronto Atmospheric Fund and Federation of Canadian Municipalities etc.)
- Provide technical data to in-house Capital Works projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in electrical engineering or energy management discipline.
- CEM and/or LEED designation is required.
- Knowledge of VBA/Python or similar software language is preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multitasking skills.
- Experience utilizing software packages (word processing, spreadsheets and electronic mail).
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Ability to read and understand electrical drawings will be an asset.
- Knowledge of energy audits and conservation; green initiatives; building automation systems, electrical systems and electrical equipment; applicable codes, standards, guidelines and government legislation, especially the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Ontario Environmental Act and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System will be an asset.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
Exhibition Place is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to this position due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, please email us quoting the job title and closing date. Exhibition Place is committed to providing Code-protection accommodation throughout its hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Exhibition Place, we strive to be a model of public service excellence through the ongoing effort and commitment of employees.