Facility Services Manager
Exhibition Place is Canada’s largest entertainment venue, attracting over 5.5 million visitors a year. The 192-acre site is an integral component of Toronto and Ontario’s economy, particularly with respect to conventions, sport, festivals, recreation, culture, and tourism. Located at Exhibition Place is the award-winning Enercare Centre, Canada’s largest exhibition and convention centre which is now LEED Platinum certified, and Beanfield Centre conference venue which is LEED Silver certified. Since 2004, Exhibition Place has undertaken an environmental stewardship initiative, entitled GREENSmart; which includes the promotion of sustainable development, environmental initiatives, and leading edge green technologies and practices across the site. Our environmental initiatives have resulted in award-winning recognition across North America, such as the Platinum Waste Minimization Award from the Recycling Council of Canada, and have established Exhibition Place as a world leader in energy-efficient technologies.
Exhibition Place has adopted a vaccination policy, as a condition of employment all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination confirmation prior to commencing employment.
Manage all activities and oversee all coordination related to Housekeeping and Labour services for events, tenants and general grounds maintenance.
- Schedule work assignments for coordinators.
- Manager scheduling and delivery of supervised areas.
- Manage LEED-EBOM policies and procedures related to housekeeping and labour services.
- Prepare estimates/quotes for services to in-house staff, clients and tenants.
- Manage the waste reduction work plan and ensure compliance with MOE regulations.
- Manage contracted services for pest control, waste diversion, landscaping, snow removal and graphic services, whether delivered internally or through a third party contractor.
- Liaise with all division Coordinators, and on an as needed basis, provide guidance to staff in the delivery of service.
- Conduct building/site audit prior to occupancy for events, and report/prioritize repairs and follow-up as required.
- Verify requisitions and invoices comply with purchasing procedures and are processed in a timely manner.
- Participate in client meetings to provide specialized technical information.
- Provide input to Furniture, Fixtures Equipment special appropriation budget, evaluate inventory levels, conditions and market demands.
- In conjunction with Operations staff, provide input to equipment and building maintenance schedule.
- Assist with marketing of rentals & services and provide input to evaluate fair market price on annual basis.
- Assist with the administration of the collective agreements including dealing with union officials in the areas of negotiation, arbitration and grievances.
- Assist in the administration and enforcement of Health & Safety, including the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Working with the Health and Safety Consultant, develop and implement training programs for union, casual and student workers for housekeeping and labour services.
- Assist with development and implementation of facility management policies, procedures and standards.
- Assist in preparation of tender documents and contracts related to the division.
- Provide input to the operating budget and assist in monitoring expenditures including payroll.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Certificate in Facility Management or in another discipline pertinent to the job function or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive experience in facility and event management preferably in an event environment.
- Possess a valid full G Class Ontario driver’s license.
- Extensive experience in supervising staff in an event environment.
- Experience utilizing software packages (word processing, spreadsheets and electronic mail).
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to interpret collective agreements, applicable codes, standards, guidelines and government legislation specifically the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System, Workplace Safety & Insurance Board, fire safety regulations and building codes.
- Knowledge of facility management software / programs an asset.
- Ability to work days, evenings and weekends including holidays, as required to support operational requirements.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion:
Exhibition Place is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to this position, due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job title and closing date. Exhibition Place is committed to providing Code-protection accommodation throughout its hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Exhibition Place, we strive to be a model of public service excellence through the ongoing effort and commitment of employees.