Exhibition Place is Canada’s largest entertainment venue, attracting over 5.5 million visitors a year. The 192-acre site is an integral component of Toronto and Ontario’s economy, particularly with respect to conventions, sport, festivals, recreation, culture, and tourism. Located at Exhibition Place is the award-winning Enercare Centre, Canada’s largest exhibition and convention centre which is now LEED Platinum certified, and Beanfield Centre conference venue which is LEED Silver certified. Since 2004, Exhibition Place has undertaken an environmental stewardship initiative, entitled GREENSmart; which includes the promotion of sustainable development, environmental initiatives, and leading edge green technologies and practices across the site. Our environmental initiatives have resulted in award-winning recognition across North America, such as the Platinum Waste Minimization Award from the Recycling Council of Canada, and have established Exhibition Place as a world leader in energy-efficient technologies.
Our compensation package offers a competitive salary and pay-for-performance incentives. In addition, our total rewards program includes participation in OMERS – defined benefit pension plan, 100% employer paid health & dental plan, long term & short-term disability coverage, professional development opportunities, and tuition reimbursement.
Exhibition Place has adopted a vaccination policy, as a condition of employment all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination confirmation prior to commencing employment.
Reporting to the Director of Accounting, the Financial Analyst is responsible for preparing accounts reconciliations and analysis, event settlements and other analytical reports.
- Prepare and analyze monthly/quarterly/annual account reconciliations.
- Review, report, reconcile and ensure compliance of contractual financial obligations for 3rd party agreements.
- Attend meetings as related with 3rd party agreements ensuring collection of receivables on a timely basis.
- Lead in preparation of month end and year end reporting timelines and assist in liaising with auditors.
- Prepare general ledger accounts analysis and analyze budget variances.
- Prepare event settlements and respond to show management and exhibitors related to billing inquiries.
- Prepare period ending closing entries and accruals.
- Prepare year-end audit working papers and notes.
- Assist staff in the preparation of annual operating budget and submission to the City of Toronto.
- Assist in the implementation of internal controls, policies, and procedures.
- Assist on special projects as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Progressing towards achieving Chartered Professional Accountants designation (CPA) or is currently a CPA.
- Accounting and financial reporting experience in a computerized environment.
- Experience utilizing software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, and electronic mail). Great Plains is an asset.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, Harmonized Sales Tax Legislation, and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to handle confidential documents and reports.
All Exhibition Place employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the Exhibition Place Vaccination Policy.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion:
Exhibition Place is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
Exhibition Place is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Exhibition Place, we strive to be a model of public service excellence through the ongoing effort and commitment of employees.