HR Consultant, Learning & Development Lead
Exhibition Place is Canada’s largest entertainment venue, attracting over 5.5 million visitors a year. The 192-acre site is an integral component of Toronto and Ontario’s economy, particularly with respect to conventions, sport, festivals, recreation, culture, and tourism. Located at Exhibition Place is the award-winning Enercare Centre, Canada’s largest exhibition and convention centre which is now LEED Platinum certified, and Beanfield Centre conference venue which is LEED Silver certified. Since 2004, Exhibition Place has undertaken an environmental stewardship initiative, entitled GREENSmart; which includes the promotion of sustainable development, environmental initiatives, and leading edge green technologies and practices across the site. Our environmental initiatives have resulted in award-winning recognition across North America, such as the Platinum Waste Minimization Award from the Recycling Council of Canada, and have established Exhibition Place as a world leader in energy-efficient technologies.
Our compensation package offers a competitive salary and pay-for-performance incentives. In addition, our total rewards program includes participation in OMERS – defined benefit pension plan, 100% employer paid health & dental plan, long term & short-term disability coverage, professional development opportunities, and tuition reimbursement.
Exhibition Place has adopted a vaccination policy, as a condition of employment all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination confirmation prior to commencing employment.
Reporting to the Manager Human Resources, Payroll & Benefits, the Human Resources Consultant, Learning and Development Lead will provide Human Resources (HR) services including implementing learning programs and practices in alignment with the Learning and Development Framework to accelerate culture and workforce transformation, workforce transition, talent development, support staffing efforts and other HR initiatives.
• Responsible of providing learning and development guidance, advisory and consultative services to develop capability aligned to the strategy, values, and competencies.
• Create a positive learning experience for employees by introducing modern and highly engaging learning experiences. Identify best practices, carryout post implementation analysis and provide recommendations for new and custom approaches to ensure continuous improvement and enhance organizational effectiveness.
• Manage learning logistics such as communicating initiatives, preparing course outlines, coordinating with the business units on programs, managing vendors, entering and tracking training data, monitor the budget, coordinating with HRIS to aggregate development objectives and plans.
• Provide detailed reporting and metrics on the Learning and Development Framework.
• Responsible for facilitating group training sessions and delivering innovative solutions that better enhance organizational effectiveness and aligned with organizational objectives the individual leader, team, and organizational levels.
• Assist with the talent development program that drives succession planning and builds a leadership pipeline
• Supporting and advancing our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity initiatives across the organization along with other aspects of the department’s activities, as required in support of the organization’s strategic plan.
• Update and maintain the Human Resources Information System and other database and prepare monthly, quarterly annual reports as needed
• Keep current with industry trends and product knowledge.
• Provide human resources expertise and consultation to management and employees.
• Assist with the annual market/pay for performance process.
• Assist with the initiation, development, implementation and evaluation of policies, programs and procedures related to human resources.
• Maintain and update confidential employment record.
• Participate in special projects related to human resources management.
• Support new hire onboarding and other staffing initiatives when required.
• Perform other HR duties as assigned
1. Certified Human Resources Professional or equivalent combination of education and experience in a discipline pertinent to the job function.
2. Several years’ experience in human resources in a major unionized public or private sector organization.
3. Adult Learning accreditation preferred
4. Experience in the design, development and delivery of learning strategies and programs.
5. Experience utilizing software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, databases and electronic mail).
6. Experience with ADP Workforce Now and/or Human Resources Information Systems an asset.
7. Working knowledge of employment and related legislation (Human Rights Code, Employment Standards Act), contractual obligations, collective agreements and human resources policies and practices.
8. Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written at all organizational levels.
9. Demonstrated ability to handle confidential documents and reports.
10. Proven customer service skills.
All Exhibition Place employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the Exhibition Place Vaccination Policy.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion:
Exhibition Place is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
Exhibition Place is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Exhibition Place, we strive to be a model of public service excellence through the ongoing effort and commitment of employees.