Exhibition Place is Canada’s largest entertainment venue, attracting over 5.5 million visitors a year. The 192-acre site is an integral component of Toronto and Ontario’s economy, particularly with respect to conventions, sport, festivals, recreation, culture, and tourism. Located at Exhibition Place is the award-winning Enercare Centre, Canada’s largest exhibition and convention centre which is now LEED Platinum certified, and Beanfield Centre conference venue which is LEED Silver certified. Since 2004, Exhibition Place has undertaken an environmental stewardship initiative, entitled GREENSmart; which includes the promotion of sustainable development, environmental initiatives, and leading edge green technologies and practices across the site. Our environmental initiatives have resulted in award-winning recognition across North America, such as the Platinum Waste Minimization Award from the Recycling Council of Canada, and have established Exhibition Place as a world leader in energy-efficient technologies.
Our compensation package offers a competitive salary and pay-for-performance incentives. In addition, our total rewards program includes participation in OMERS – defined benefit pension plan, 100% employer paid health & dental plan, long term & short-term disability coverage, professional development opportunities, and tuition reimbursement.
Exhibition Place has adopted a vaccination policy, as a condition of employment all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination confirmation prior to commencing employment.
Reporting to the Lead Mechanic, the mechanic will provide mechanical service and maintenance of all vehicles and equipment.
- Test and diagnose gas, propane, electric, and diesel motor vehicles, components and equipment to restore to proper working order.
- Inspect motor vehicles and equipment scheduled for routine servicing and performs repairs plus preventative maintenance.
- Examine motor vehicles and equipment damaged in accidents and prepares reports as required.
- Deliver and pick-up vehicles to be serviced.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Possess a valid Truck & Coach Technician License.
- Current Welding Certificate.
- Class A Automobile Mechanic License with Diesel Endorsement and Propane License an asset.
- Possess a valid full G Class – Ontario driver’s license in good standing.
- Possess an AZ/DZ license – Ontario an asset.
- Possess personal tools of the trade up to 1 inch capabilities.
- Progressive experience as a mechanic in a truck/car repair environment.
- Experience with high reach equipment & farm tractor repairs.
- Experience and knowledge with mechanical requirements of emergency generators.
- Strong diagnostic skills & abilities.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Ability to use the desk/laptop computer systems with proficiency in word and excel programs.
- Ability to work days, evenings and weekends including holidays as required to support operational requirements.
- Good understanding of pneumatic & hydraulic systems.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Alternate fuel certificate with natural gas supplement an asset.
All Exhibition Place employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the Exhibition Place Vaccination Policy.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion:
Exhibition Place is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
Exhibition Place is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Exhibition Place, we strive to be a model of public service excellence through the ongoing effort and commitment of employees.