Exhibition Place is Canada’s largest entertainment venue, attracting over 5.5 million visitors a year. The 192-acre site is an integral component of Toronto and Ontario’s economy, particularly with respect to conventions, sport, festivals, recreation, culture, and tourism. Located at Exhibition Place is the award-winning Enercare Centre, Canada’s largest exhibition and convention centre which is now LEED Platinum certified, and Beanfield Centre conference venue which is LEED Silver certified. Since 2004, Exhibition Place has undertaken an environmental stewardship initiative, entitled GREENSmart; which includes the promotion of sustainable development, environmental initiatives, and leading edge green technologies and practices across the site. Our environmental initiatives have resulted in award winning recognition across North America, such as the Platinum Waste Minimization Award from the Recycling Council of Canada, and have established Exhibition Place as a world leader in energy-efficient technologies.
Our compensation package offers a competitive salary and pay-for-performance incentives. In addition, our total rewards program includes participation in OMERS – defined contribution pension plan, 100% employer paid health & dental plan, long term & short-term disability coverage, professional development opportunities, and tuition reimbursement.
Process timely delivery of assigned payroll and all payroll functions including maintaining employee information, verifying the accuracy of wages, deductions, taxable benefits, government statutory remittances, and health and retirement benefits. Be the point of contact for internal stakeholders in aspects of payroll processing and system inquiries.
- Review and audit accuracy of hourly timecards, follow up with schedulers and department leads on resolving discrepancies and approvals, sign off on timecards and close pay periods.
- Prepare weekly payroll inputs, verify payroll earnings, deductions, taxable benefits, balance time and attendance, payroll, and accounting reports to validate accuracy.
- Set-up new hourly hires and maintains existing employee information with all necessary forms, assign appropriate employee options, process leaves, job changes, terminations, and payouts in ADP and Wennsoft.
- Review and verify payroll documentation, process updates, and track changes to rates, job titles, union member status, wages, benefits rates, and other employment information to reflect the job changes in the systems and ensure receipt of appropriate approvals.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal stakeholders to create and deliver timely responses, recommendations or solutions tailored to the departments’ needs and work closely with outsourced payroll processing vendor to resolve payroll or system issues.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of employee records by maintaining data integrity within the databases when updating status changes, tax withholdings, personal and employment information.
- Track and set up garnishment deductions, prepare monthly garnishees and handle inquiries from government and external agencies.
- Set up and maintain employee pay codes and benefit rates, process updates, adjustments and transfer entries and ensure hours worked are allocated to appropriate costs centres, pay periods, and transaction dates, in ADP and Wennsoft.
- Continuous review of collective bargaining agreements, legislation, and company policy changes impacting payroll, plan, and effectively implement any new or improved changes.
- Facilitate employee participation in various payroll earning and deduction options, process Personal Change Forms, which includes analyzing transactions for completeness, accuracy, employee eligibility, and ensuring the authorized earnings and deductions are applied to employee pay and completing appropriate payroll checklists.
- Issue Record of Employment forms in accordance with ROE guidelines and deadlines, maintain document filing and other record keeping systems.
- Prepare monthly remittances and cheque requisitions for union dues, pension, Health & Welfare, vacation, and other benefits as per the collective agreement in accordance with the annual Accounting Schedule.
- Produce adhoc reports, process periodic payouts, prepare payroll manual cheques as requested and required.
- Prepare year-end hourly payroll and assist with year-end activities including T4 and T2200s.
- Communicate effectively and deliver efficient, knowledgeable, and courteous internal and external customer service while maintaining confidential information by adhering to legal, privacy, and ethical standards.
- Serve as backup to others including the Payroll Administrator when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Several years’ experience and completion of recognized CPM payroll certification and post-secondary education in a discipline pertinent to the job function is required.
- Experience in data entry, time and attendance, payroll processing, and preparing remittances in a unionized environment.
- Proficient in MS Office and experience utilizing a variety of software packages including word processing, spreadsheets, Outlook, and other databases.
- Familiarity or knowledge of using relevant software (ADP Workforce Now, Enhanced Time and Attendance, and Great Plains) is preferred.
- Good organizational skills, multi-tasking skills, and ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines with attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to exercise good judgement and discretion.
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to interpret policies, guidelines, legislation, and collective bargaining agreements with knowledge of employment-related legislation.
- Flexible to work weekends and holidays if required.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion:
Exhibition Place is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to this position, due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, please email us quoting the job title and closing date. Exhibition Place is committed to providing Code-protection accommodation throughout its hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Exhibition Place, we strive to be a model of public service excellence through the ongoing effort and commitment of employees.