Reporting to the Manager of Human Resources, the Payroll Supervisor will oversee all activities of the Payroll Services.
· Supervise, plan and coordinate work assignments and the administration of payroll services
· Update and maintain all confidential employee data records/files both hard copy and computerized in HRIS/ADP Workforce Now, OMERs and Insured Benefits plans
· Review and verify all employee information, payroll, pension and benefit transactions to ensure appropriate authorization, accuracy and consistency with legislated and administrative requirements
· Manage, review, verify and process weekly/bi-weekly payroll transactions for union and non-union employees
· Balance payroll and perform monthly analysis of payroll accounts to reconcile with general ledger and liaise with all levels of staff, payroll service provider, unions and government agencies in the resolution of payroll issues
· Calculate payroll, interest and severance payments with high degree of accuracy as it relates to overtime, maternity/parental leave top up payment, promotional increases, merit pay, salary revisions, grievance awards, termination payments, garnishments, and other payroll transactions
· Administer all pension related financial data including top-ups, terminations, and Leave of Absences etc.
· Calculate and verify retroactive payments and adjustments
· Oversee and verify monthly reconciliation and verify monthly reports/remittances for all unions in compliance with collective agreements
· Administer Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System pension plan including enrollments, monthly remittances and annual pension reconciliation report
· Prepare and reconcile monthly financial statement/analysis for health care premiums and liaise with insurance carrier on an as needed basis
· Calculate and prepare pension adjustments and other year- end adjustment reports/reconciliations
· Prepare year-end tax reporting for T4’s, T4A’s, and Employers Health Tax
· Verify, process, and remit Family Responsibility Office Notices, Garnishments, and CRA Requirement to Pay Notices. Manage the administration and reporting for the OMERS Pension Plan
· Oversee and verify quarterly remittances for health and welfare, boot allowance and vacation pay, as well as remittances for deductions such as garnishee amounts
· Assist in the development and implementation of payroll processes and procedures
· Provide training to staff, as required
· Perform other duties as assigned
1. Certified Payroll Manager or equivalent combination of education and experience in a discipline pertinent to the job function.
2. Several years’ experience performing payroll functions in a unionized environment.
3. Experience with ADP Workforce Now is a distinct advantage.
4. Experience in managing staff in a payroll environment.
5. Must have working knowledge of setting up and administering payrolls via ADP.
6. Must have working knowledge of setting up, administering and generating reporting in ADP Time and Attendance.
7. Experience utilizing software packages (word processing, spreadsheets and electronic mail).
8. Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
9. Proven customer service skills.
10. Demonstrated knowledge and ability to interpret collective agreements, Employment Standards Act, Canada Pension Plan, Revenue Canada Regulations and Employment Insurance Legislation, personnel policies and procedures.
11. Working knowledge of accounting principles, practices and financial analysis.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion:
Exhibition Place is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to this position, due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job title and closing date. Exhibition Place is committed to providing Code-protection accommodation throughout its hiring process.
We thank all applicants, however, only those who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered for review.