Exhibition Place is Canada’s largest entertainment venue, attracting over 5.5 million visitors a year. The 192-acre site is an integral component of Toronto and Ontario’s economy, particularly with respect to conventions, sport, festivals, recreation, culture, and tourism. Located at Exhibition Place is the award-winning Enercare Centre, Canada’s largest exhibition and convention centre which is now LEED Platinum certified, and Beanfield Centre conference venue which is LEED Silver certified. Since 2004, Exhibition Place has undertaken an environmental stewardship initiative, entitled GREENSmart; which includes the promotion of sustainable development, environmental initiatives, and leading edge green technologies and practices across the site. Our environmental initiatives have resulted in award-winning recognition across North America, such as the Platinum Waste Minimization Award from the Recycling Council of Canada, and have established Exhibition Place as a world leader in energy-efficient technologies.
Our compensation package offers a competitive salary and pay-for-performance incentives. In addition, our total rewards program includes participation in OMERS – defined benefit pension plan, 100% employer paid health & dental plan, long term & short-term disability coverage, professional development opportunities, and tuition reimbursement.
Exhibition Place has adopted a vaccination policy, as a condition of employment all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination confirmation prior to commencing employment.
Reporting to the Manager, Production Services, the Production Assistant will assist the Production Services staff with administration assistance and schedule unionized staff in accordance with event and tenant requirements for live event production services in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
- Prepare daily schedules for production services for events across the grounds including tenanted premises in accordance with requests and event requirements.
- Verify employees are scheduled in compliance with the obligations under collective agreement and with an aim to provide efficiencies in service delivery.
- Contact IATSE Local 58 union office to provide schedule and/or availability updates for employees.
- Liaise with IATSE Local 58 union office to update and revise IATSE employee records for contact information, electronic banking, certification and training.
- Administrative management of production collateral.
- Ungerboeck (EBMS) process updating and training.
- Payroll management, initializing employees in the ADP system.
- Parking pass management and distribution.
- Maintain electronic filing system for the production department.
- Post-production, verify task scheduled matched actual work assignment completed by employee.
- Prepare reports as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Progressive experience in performing clerical duties.
- Experience in a unionized environment specifically related to live event industry or related field.
- Experience utilizing software packages (Ungerboeck-EBMS, ADP, word processing, spreadsheets and electronic mail).
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Ability to work days, evenings and weekends including holidays, as required to support operational requirements.
All Exhibition Place employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the Exhibition Place Vaccination Policy.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion:
Exhibition Place is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
Exhibition Place is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Exhibition Place, we strive to be a model of public service excellence through the ongoing effort and commitment of employees.