Job Type: Permanent
Hours of work: 35 hours / WK
Salary Range: $63,372.00 CAD - $79,926.00
Posting Date: November 1, 2021
Closing Date: November 22, 2021
Exhibition Place is Canada’s largest entertainment venue, attracting over 5.5 million visitors a year. The 192-acre site is an integral component of Toronto and Ontario’s economy, particularly with respect to conventions, sport, festivals, recreation, culture and tourism. Located at Exhibition Place is the award-winning Enercare Centre, Canada’s largest exhibition and convention centre which is now LEED Platinum certified, and Beanfield Centre conference venue which is LEED Silver certified. Since 2004, Exhibition Place has undertaken an environmental stewardship initiative, entitled GREENSmart; which includes the promotion of sustainable development, environmental initiatives and leading edge green technologies and practices across the site. Our environmental initiatives have resulted in award winning recognition across North America, such as the Platinum Waste Minimization Award from the Recycling Council of Canada and have established Exhibition Place as a world leader in energy-efficient technologies.
Our compensation package offers a competitive salary and pay-for-performance incentives. In addition, our total rewards program includes participation in OMERS – defined benefits pension plan, 100% employer paid health & dental plan, long term & short-term disability coverage, professional development opportunities, and tuition reimbursement.
Exhibition Place has adopted a vaccination policy, as a condition of employment all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination confirmation prior to commencing employment.
Oversee all activities related to the quoting, delivery and union supervision of production services for sales, events and tenants and the grounds.
- Supervise, plan and coordinate work assignments and the administration of production services.
- Supervise and schedule the delivery of services and property/tenant maintenance pertaining to the division services.
- Participate in production meetings/liaise with Event/Meeting Coordinators and clients, providing staffing, equipment and material requirement expertise pertinent to delivery of services.
- Analyze/interpret client’s technical drawings and equipment lists.
- Pre pare internal quotations for Event/Meeting Coordinators within Ungerboeck EBMS.
- Provide coaching to union staff on excellence in customer service delivery.
- Coordinate the asset control program for Board owned equipment and assist with annual review.
- Monitor inspection programs to verify inspections are conducted and equipment is maintained in proper working order.
- Verify and report time of unionized and non-unionized staff for payroll/client invoicing and review with Production Assistant or Supervisor
- Provide facility and property hazard reports as related to event requirements and compliance.
- Conduct safety orientations/toolbox talks as required for workplace safety.
- Assist in developing workplace policies, practices and procedures and implement.
- Consult with management on issues related to the collective agreements for various trades working in events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in a discipline pertinent to the job function or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive experience in the field of entertainment production within a large-scale multi-functional facility or outdoor event.
- Experience supervising staff in a unionized environment.
- Possess a valid full G Class Ontario driver’s license.
- Experience using software packages (Ungerboeck EBMS, ADP, word processing, spreadsheets and electronic mail).
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written at organizational all levels.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and the ability to interpret collective agreements, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Ontario Building Code, Ontario Fire Code and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System.
- Ability to work days, evenings and weekends including holidays, as required to support operational requirements.
All Exhibition Place employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the Exhibition Place Vaccination Policy.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion:
Exhibition Place is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
Exhibition Place is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected
for an interview will be contacted.