Production Services Manager
Exhibition Place is Canada’s largest entertainment venue, attracting over 5.5 million visitors a year. The 192-acre site is an integral component of Toronto and Ontario’s economy, particularly with respect to conventions, sport, festivals, recreation, culture and tourism. Located at Exhibition Place is the award-winning Enercare Centre, Canada’s largest exhibition and convention centre which is now LEED Platinum certified, and Beanfield Centre conference venue which is LEED Silver certified. Since 2004, Exhibition Place has undertaken an environmental stewardship initiative, entitled GREENSmart; which includes the promotion of sustainable development, environmental initiatives and leading edge green technologies and practices across the site. Our environmental initiatives have resulted in award winning recognition across North America, such as the Platinum Waste Minimization Award from the Recycling Council of Canada and have established Exhibition Place as a world leader in energy-efficient technologies.
Our compensation package offers a competitive salary and pay-for-performance incentives. In addition, our total rewards program includes participation in OMERS – defined contribution pension plan, 100% employer paid health & dental plan, long term & short term disability coverage, professional development opportunities, and tuition reimbursement.
Reporting to the Director, Event Management Services, the Production Services Manager will manage all activities and oversee all coordination related to Production Services for events, tenants and grounds.
- Authorize work assignments for coordinators and unionized staff.
- Prepare initial estimates/quotes for services to in-house staff, clients and tenants, and/or approve estimates prepared by coordinators.
- Primary contact for events, tenants and grounds.
- Liaise with all division Coordinators, and set the standard in the delivery of service.
- Participate in client meetings to provide specialized technical information.
- Review and or prepare Production Event Service Orders (ESO) related to client billings.
- Review pre/post inspection reports including damage to equipment and assemble estimates for billing and/or insurance purposes.
- Review post event analysis for future planning purposes.
- Manage, coordinate and provide staff training programs as required for both non-union and union employees.
- Assist with marketing of built-in technology & services and provide input to evaluate fair market price on annual basis.
- Assist with the administration of the collective agreement including dealing with union officials in the areas of negotiation, arbitration and grievances.
- Assist in the administration and enforcement of Health & Safety, including the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Lead with development and implementation of production services policies, procedures and standards.
- Lead in preparation of tender documents and contracts related to the built-in audio visual technology within the buildings.
- Work with Operations to develop a maintenance schedule for all built-in audio visual systems.
- Provide input to the operating budget and assist in monitoring expenditures including payroll.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Certificate in Facility Management or in another discipline pertinent to the job function or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Considerable experience managing labour issues in a Unionized environment
- Extensive experience in facility and event management preferably in a production event environment.
- Possess a valid full G Class Ontario driver’s license.
- Extensive experience in supervising staff in an event environment.
- Experience using Crestron, EBMS, Ungerboeck and various types of sound systems is an asset
- Experience utilizing software packages (word processing, spreadsheets and electronic mail).
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to interpret collective agreements, applicable codes, standards, guidelines and government legislation specifically the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System, Workplace Safety & Insurance Board, fire safety regulations and building codes.
- Knowledge of facility management software / program
- Ability to work days, evenings and weekends including holidays, as required to support operational requirements.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion:
Exhibition Place is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to this position, due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, please email us quoting job title and closing date. Exhibition Place is committed to providing Code-protection accommodation throughout its hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Exhibition Place, we strive to be a model of public service excellence through the ongoing effort and commitment of employees.