Security Services Manager
Exhibition Place is Canada’s largest entertainment venue, attracting over 5.5 million visitors a year. The 192-acre site is an integral component of Toronto and Ontario’s economy, particularly with respect to conventions, sport, festivals, recreation, culture, and tourism. Located at Exhibition Place is the award-winning Enercare Centre, Canada’s largest exhibition and convention centre which is now LEED Platinum certified, and Beanfield Centre conference venue which is LEED Silver certified. Since 2004, Exhibition Place has undertaken an environmental stewardship initiative, entitled GREENSmart; which includes the promotion of sustainable development, environmental initiatives, and leading edge green technologies and practices across the site. Our environmental initiatives have resulted in award-winning recognition across North America, such as the Platinum Waste Minimization Award from the Recycling Council of Canada, and have established Exhibition Place as a world leader in energy-efficient technologies.
Our compensation package offers a competitive salary and pay-for-performance incentives. In addition, our total rewards program includes participation in OMERS – defined benefit pension plan, 100% employer paid health & dental plan, long term & short-term disability coverage, professional development opportunities, and tuition reimbursement.
Exhibition Place has adopted a vaccination policy, as a condition of employment all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination confirmation prior to commencing employment.
As the Security Services Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of plans and programs and deployment of people and tools to identify and mitigate risks, liabilities, and vulnerabilities specific to security. You will maintain a balanced combination of proactive and reactive investigations, enforcement of existing policies and procedures along with education and prevention in support of these primary responsibilities. You will be responsible for internal and external communications to advance initiatives relevant to asset, customer, employee protection, physical security and the preservation of Company goals, ethics, and reputation.
- Oversee all security matters associated with, but not limited to the Security Footprint of Exhibition Place’s operation.
- Direct and provide leadership for security services through mentoring and leading the team
- Responsible for loss prevention and investigation of theft and fraud occurrences whether internal or external.
- Responsible for all aspects of physical security, related to Exhibition Place’s operations including but not limited to guard services, identification of employees (card access and identification card), unruly visitor management, removals, CCTV systems and security contractors.
- Ensure local liaison with the authorities, including Toronto Police, Toronto Parking Authority, and City of Toronto.
- Responsible for developing and ensuring the uninterrupted services related to the operational security risk assessment and risk mitigation.
- Develop, enhance, and operationalize processes to better execute customer expectations.
- Seek innovative approaches to security incident response programs
- Interact with senior organizational leaders as required to facilitate the effective handling of incidents.
- Communicate exceptionally well with business and technical audiences.
- Lead post-incident analysis and documentation to ensure accurate root causes of incidents are identified, appropriate preventive actions are realized and tracked, and reduce likelihood of.
- Develop, measure, analyze, and maintain the internal and external service metrics for Service Operation, providing timely reports to leadership teams.
- Leverage metrics to make better informed decisions on how to improve the capability and functionality of the organization.
- Drive people management responsibilities for the organization
- Provide escalation support for both customer management challenges, security incidents, Lead, coordinate, and train others on effective management of security incidents and operational responses for customers.
- As a member of the management team, provide leadership and assist with strategic objectives.
- Supervise, plan and coordinate work assignments and the administration of security services.
- In conjunction with the Parking Services Manager, assist in managing all aspects of parking enforcement grounds wide.
- Developing, coordinating and / or providing staff training programs as required.
- Responsible for scheduling and approve Time & Attendance/ payroll using ADP Workforce Now.
- Developing and monitor operating budget for the division.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Certified Protection Professional and/or Accredited Security Professional degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a discipline pertinent to the job function.
- Extensive experience providing security services in a large scale public environment.
- Experience in managing staff in a security services environment.
- Possess & Maintain a valid full G Class Driver’s License.
- Possess & Maintain a valid Ontario Security Guards License.
- Experience utilizing software packages, Security CCTV, and Access Control equipment.
- Experience in emergency and evacuation procedures including first aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written at organizational all levels.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Ability to work days, evenings and weekends including holidays, as required to support operational requirements.
- Required to provide a Clear Police Reference Check.
All Exhibition Place employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the Exhibition Place Vaccination Policy.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion:
Exhibition Place is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
Exhibition Place is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Exhibition Place, we strive to be a model of public service excellence through the ongoing effort and commitment of employees.