Senior Event & Meeting Coordinator
Exhibition Place is Canada’s largest entertainment venue, attracting over 5.5 million visitors a year. The 192-acre site is an integral component of Toronto and Ontario’s economy, particularly with respect to conventions, sport, festivals, recreation, culture, and tourism. Located at Exhibition Place is the award-winning Enercare Centre, Canada’s largest exhibition and convention centre which is now LEED Platinum certified, and Beanfield Centre conference venue which is LEED Silver certified. Since 2004, Exhibition Place has undertaken an environmental stewardship initiative, entitled GREENSmart; which includes the promotion of sustainable development, environmental initiatives, and leading edge green technologies and practices across the site. Our environmental initiatives have resulted in award-winning recognition across North America, such as the Platinum Waste Minimization Award from the Recycling Council of Canada, and have established Exhibition Place as a world leader in energy-efficient technologies.
Our compensation package offers a competitive salary and pay-for-performance incentives. In addition, our total rewards program includes participation in OMERS – defined contribution pension plan, 100% employer paid health & dental plan, long term & short-term disability coverage, professional development opportunities, and tuition reimbursement.
Supervise activities and oversee coordination activities related to Event & Meeting Coordinators for events held at Exhibition Place.
- Provide leadership to the Event & Meeting Coordinators through mentoring / coaching and knowledge sharing.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of event management policies, procedures and standards. Identify best practices for events hosted at Beanfield Centre.
- Assist in determining the work assignments for coordinators under the direction of Event Services Manager.
- Perform the role of duty manager and make event related decisions (facility access, evacuation, delay of gate opening, fire safety, etc.), when required.
- Assist with training of new hires and remedial training of existing staff on Ungerboeck CRM software.
- Assist in the development of department templates and provide recommendations to venue specific documents such as; Event & Meeting Guide, Requirements for Safety Manual, Branding Guide
- Assist with marketing of rentals & services and provide input to price list process annually.
- Liaise with all Event & Meeting Coordinators on an as needed basis, providing guidance in the delivery of service related to events at Exhibition Place.
- Perform select duties as assigned during absence of Manager Event Services.
- Complete all requirements and meet all capacities outlined in the work scope of an Event & Meeting Coordinator including but not limited to;
- Primary client contact for all stages of event planning from license agreement execution to on site event execution. Interpret client service requirements and assign venue specific department utilizing Ungerboeck software.
- Primary contact to review/analyze client needs throughout assigned event.
- Preparation of estimates/quotes for services to clients and monitor additional services/charges.
- Manage occupancy of facilities from move-in to move-out to verify compliance with agreements and conditions governing the building occupation.
- Liaise with clients to verify compliance of fire, safety and building codes.
- Review the necessary documents (floor plans, building permits, rules and regulations, etc.) and liaise with service departments on corrective actions.
- Prepare information related to client billing, review and clarify billing matters with the Finance department.
- Prepare post event analysis for future planning.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Certificate or post-secondary credential in Facility or Event Management, another discipline pertinent to the job function, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive experience in facility and event management preferably facilitating large scale and/or complex events.
- Experience in supervising staff in an event environment.
- Experience utilizing software packages (word processing, spreadsheets and electronic mail).
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to interpret collective agreements, applicable codes, standards, guidelines and government legislation specifically the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System, Workplace Safety & Insurance Board, fire safety regulations and building codes.
- Ability to work days, evenings and weekends including holidays, as required to support operational requirements.
- Possess a valid full G Class Ontario driver’s license in good standing.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
Exhibition Place is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to this position due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, please email us quoting the job title and closing date. Exhibition Place is committed to providing Code-protection accommodation throughout its hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.