Union Parking Customer Service Representative
Exhibition Place is Canada’s largest entertainment venue, attracting over 5.5 million visitors a year. The 192-acre site is an integral component of Toronto and Ontario’s economy, particularly with respect to conventions, sport, festivals, recreation, culture, and tourism. Located at Exhibition Place is the award-winning Enercare Centre, Canada’s largest exhibition and convention centre which is now LEED Platinum certified, and Beanfield Centre conference venue which is LEED Silver certified. Since 2004, Exhibition Place has undertaken an environmental stewardship initiative, entitled GREENSmart; which includes the promotion of sustainable development, environmental initiatives, and leading edge green technologies and practices across the site. Our environmental initiatives have resulted in award-winning recognition across North America, such as the Platinum Waste Minimization Award from the Recycling Council of Canada, and have established Exhibition Place as a world leader in energy-efficient technologies.
Exhibition Place has adopted a vaccination policy, as a condition of employment all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination confirmation prior to commencing employment.
Reporting to the Parking Services Manager, the Customer Service Representative will interact with customers within parking lots to ensure payment of appropriate parking fees, and respond to inquiries, concerns and requests about parking services and general event / show information
- Greet customers in a courteous, respectful and friendly manner while presenting a positive and professional image by maintaining a neat appearance and wearing a proper and clean uniform with the nametag displayed appropriately.
- Immediately direct any unresolved customer issues to the foreperson or on-duty coordinator.
- Ensure all vehicles purchase / display valid ticket / pass as required including Pay & Display lots.
- While on duty, ensure that you have access to the daily Event Listing.
- Ensure safe movement of traffic / orderly traffic flow within the lot.
- Ensure that all parking equipment is working properly and report immediately to the foreperson or on-duty coordinator any damage or maintenance required to property or equipment.
- Log vehicles without valid receipts in order to facilitate Security with ticketing.
- Liaise with the Parking Manager, Coordinator, Lead Hand and / or Foreperson as required.
- While conducting Lot Duties: responsibilities include but are not limited to, ensure the lot is being used as planned, restrict access to authorized users, assist guests with pay and display / mobile pay, and maximize parking space utilization.
- While conducting Cash Duties, responsibilities include but are not limited to, collect parking fees, ensure all non-cash transactions is recorded, balance cash and / or ticket float.
- Ensure compliance with all Exhibition Place and Parking Services policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience performing customer service related duties preferred.
- Experience with cash handling preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels and with the public.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends and / or holidays as required by shows / events.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
All Exhibition Place employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the Exhibition Place Vaccination Policy.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion:
Exhibition Place is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
Exhibition Place is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Exhibition Place, we strive to be a model of public service excellence through the ongoing effort and commitment of employees; we're hiring six as-needed Union Parking Customer Service Representatives.