I worked for Housekeeping in 2016; do I need to reapply for 2017?
If you worked for Housekeeping in 2016 and had a favourable record (no lates, no missed shifts, etc.) then you should be eligible for rehire and do not need to reapply. Please contact Housekeeping Services directly for further information.
What kind of summer jobs do you have at Exhibition Place?
Housekeeping Attendants duties include:
- Paper picking – keep your assigned area free of litter and debris
- Sweeping & Mopping – ensure that floors are kept free of debris and sanitary
- Pushcart – exchange garbage and recycling receptacles within an assigned area; deposit recyclable products in recycling compound
- Washrooms – refill supplies such as toilet paper and hand towels; exchange garbage; sweep floors, clean toilets, counters, sinks and mirrors
Driving Attendants duties include:
- Utility Vehicle Driver – responsible to operate the utility vehicle while pulling a trailer filled with waste & recycling and helping to load and unload the waste & recycling
- Street sweeper Driver – responsible to operate the street sweeper throughout the Exhibition Place grounds
- Golf Cart Driver – responsible to operate the golf cart throughout Exhibition Place grounds delivering cleaning supplies
What is the minimum age to work at Exhibition Place?
Housekeeping applicants must be a minimum of 14 years of age and driving applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
What kind of licence do I need to apply for a driving position?
Candidates who are over 18 years of age must possess class ‘G’ licence. Successful candidates will be required to submit a clean driver’s abstract upon being hired.
Can I apply for more than one position?
Yes, you can apply for more than one position providing you meet the minimum requirements of each position you want to apply for.
What are the minimum requirements to work during the Canadian National Exhibition?
Each candidate must meet the age requirement of the position and must be fully available for 2017 CNE which runs from Friday, August 18 to Monday, September 4 (Labour Day).
What happens after I submit an application?
The Human Resources team carefully reviews each application. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview either by email or phone.
If I have been asked to come in for an interview, what do I need to bring with me?
It is mandatory for Candidates to bring proof of their social insurance number and photo identification. International students must provide proof of a valid work visa/permit. In all cases, failure to produce this proof may result in not being able to participate in the group interview. In addition, Exhibition Place has a practice of ‘on the spot hiring’, so we need you to bring a Direct Deposit statement from your financial institution with you to the interview as Exhibition Place pays through a direct deposit to your bank account and not by a cheque or cash.
This is my first job, how should I prepare for the interview?
- Candidates should dress appropriately for a job interview. For example, club attire is not suitable for a job interview.
- Candidates should be aware of how long it’s going to take to get to the interview/work location and should check all public transportation times in advance of their interview date. You should not be late for your interview as it reflects poor time management skills.
- Candidates should review the company’s website before the interview and ensure they have noted any questions they need answers to.
- Candidates should think about some references (personal, work, volunteer, school) as Human Resources may ask you to provide one.
- You should be able to speak about your education, work and volunteer experiences that are listed on your resume as well be able to produce a copy of any certificate/diploma or training you list as completed.
- You should always ensure that you have all documentation that the employer requested you bring to the interview as this demonstrates that you have good organizational skills.