Dear Clients and Partners,
In our continued effort to keep clients and partners informed, here is the Exhibition Place most recent health and safety measurements regarding the Coronavirus.
Exhibition Place has added a Public COVID-19 statement to the website homepage indicating that we are currently operating and events are taking place. Exhibition Place follows the protocols developed by the Medical Officer of Toronto Public Health (TPH) as we are an agency of the City of Toronto. You can read the latest Statement from Toronto’s Medical Officer of Health: March 11, 2020 here.
At this time, the Toronto Public Health determined that risk within Toronto continues to be considered low. Regardless, Exhibition Place has taken additional precautionary measures to further support our high standard of cleanliness. These include:
- Provided all staff members with increased training regarding good common sense hygiene (handwashing, cough into your elbow, wear gloves, do not rub your eyes and so on); and supervisors remind staff about good hygiene practices at the start of every shift.
- Additional hand sanitizer stations have been added in the public corridors and Public Health Signage has been added in the public washrooms, depicting proper handwashing techniques.
- Dedicated housekeeping staff has been added to all events to concentrate on high touch areas (doorknobs, countertops, push bars, escalator handrails and so on)
There are steps that you can also take to protect yourself. W.H.O.’s standard recommendations to reduce exposure to and transmission of a range of illnesses are as follows, which include hand and respiratory hygiene:
1. Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water or use an alcohol-hand sanitizer.
2. Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
3. If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze or cough in your sleeve.
4. Stay at home when you are sick.
These measures may seem simple, but they are very powerful ways to protect yourself and others from getting sick. Exhibition Place will continue to closely monitor the situation and will keep clients and partners informed as details continue to emerge. If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch and we can discuss these measures further.
- Exhibition Place Communications