Dear Clients and Partners,
With growing global concerns around COVID-19, Exhibition Place wanted to provide an update on our response to date and our commitment moving forward. The Public Health Agency of Canada recently published a resource that outlines risk considerations to help decide whether or not to postpone or cancel a gathering.
The health, safety, and well-being of our employees and guests is the top priority and we are following the lead of Ontario Public Health and Toronto Public Health as we are an agency of the City of Toronto. You can read the latest Statement from Toronto’s Medical Officer of Health: March 12, 2020.
At this time, Toronto Public Health is still not seeing confirmed evidence of local transmission. However, it is important to also note that they are making decisions for a rapidly evolving situation based on the evidence that is available. Regardless, Exhibition Place has implemented additional measures to ensure your safety as well as the safety of our team, including:
- Providing all staff members with increased training regarding good common sense hygiene (handwashing, cough into your elbow, wear gloves, do not rub your eyes and so on); and supervisors remind staff about good hygiene practices at the start of every shift.
- Increasing communications and reminders with our guests, partners, and employees on important health and safety measures to protect yourself and others.
- Additional hand sanitizer stations have been added to the public corridors and Public Health Signage has been added to the public washrooms, depicting proper handwashing techniques.
- Dedicated housekeeping staff has been added to all events to concentrate on high touch areas (doorknobs, countertops, push bars, escalator handrails and so on).
Again, we continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide ongoing updates as needed. We also encourage our clients and partners to stay up-to-date through the Toronto Public Health website.
- Exhibition Place Communications