LiUNA Local 506 Collective Agreement
The Board of Governors of Exhibition Place and LiUNA Local 506 were successful in negotiating and ratifying a Collective Agreement that is effective until March 31, 2021. The bargaining team achieved their mandate to negotiate a new Collective Agreement to meet the needs of our clients, tenants and stakeholders. For complete information on the Board’s decision, please visit http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2019.EP5.1
Enercare Centre Achieves LEED® Platinum Certification
We are thrilled to announce that Enercare Centre at Exhibition Place has been awarded LEED® EB:O&M Platinum Certification (Existing Buildings: Operations and Maintenance) by the Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC). Enercare Centre is the first convention centre in Ontario to receive this distinction by the CaGBC.
The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) is an internationally recognized rating system for evaluating the sustainability of building design, construction and operations. LEED® certified buildings incorporate leading-edge features that protect the environment and promote healthy work and living conditions.
As the largest convention centre in Canada, Enercare Centre’s achievement is substantial and continues to present the venue and the entire site of Exhibition Place as an industry leader in environmental and sustainability practices through our GREENSmart Program. Enercare Centre has set a higher standard with high-performance policies and technologies that use resources more efficiently and encourage sustainable action from visitors and the city.
A few of the significant achievements to reach LEED® Platinum certification includes:
- Demonstrated energy performance that is 30% better than the national average.
- Reduced indoor potable water consumption from the baseline by 39% through installation of low-flush water fixtures, saving an estimated 1.1 million gallons per year.
- Conducted a waste stream audit of all waste leaving the building, identifying that 69% of all waste generated throughout the building and associated grounds is diverted from landfills.
- 53% of ongoing consumables, 98% of durable goods, and 93% of facility construction and renovation materials were diverted from landfills.
- Reduced reflection of heat into the atmosphere by using highly reflective roofing materials and installing vegetated roof areas.
- Over 75% of all building occupants and visitors use sustainable modes of transportation, including public transit, walking, bicycling, or carpooling, to arrive at the Enercare Centre
- HVAC&R systems do not use CFC-based refrigerants.
- Performed full-building commissioning and implemented an ongoing commissioning plan, ensuring proper installation and functioning of all building systems.
- All materials facility alterations and addition purchases were made in compliance with LEED sustainability standards.
- Consistently use highly effective filtration media (MERV 13) to ensure the best indoor air quality.
- Implemented Indoor Air Quality Management Plans during alterations and renovations to ensure health and safety of construction employees as well as all building occupants.
“I congratulate and thank the team at Exhibition Place for their tremendous work on our commitment to the environment and to achieving the prestigious LEED Platinum Certification,” said Councillor Mark Grimes, Chair of the Board of Governors of Exhibition Place, “I couldn’t be more proud of the way our staff and Board support our site as a world leader in sustainability and environmental protection.”
LEED Platinum Certification for Enercare Centre follows the LEED® Gold Certification for Enercare Centre in 2014 and the LEED Silver Certification of Beanfield Centre in 2012.
About Exhibition Place
Exhibition Place is Canada’s largest entertainment venue, attracting over 5.5 million visitors a year. The 192 acre site is an integral component of Toronto ad Ontario’s economy, particularly with respect to conventions, sports, festivals, recreations, culture and tourism; Exhibition Place is host to major citywide conventions and events including the 2019 Collision tech Conference, the Toronto International Boat Show and most recently, the International Convention of Jehovah’s Witnesses in July of 2019, with 50,000 delegates.
Since 2004, Exhibition Place has implemented a variety of environmental initiatives, under the program called GREENSmart, which included the promotion of sustainable development, energy creation and environmental initiatives with leading edge green technologies and practices across the site.
The NEXt Place – Exhibition Place Master Plan Project
City of Toronto Planning staff have launched a master planning exercise for Exhibition Place. Building on the findings of the Cultural Heritage Landscape Assessment of the grounds completed in 2019, the Exhibition Place Master Plan will include directions for public realm enhancements, parks and open spaces, transportation upgrades, built form, heritage conservation, and connectivity to the surrounding neighbourhoods.
City Planning would like to hear from the tenants and clients of Exhibition Place as they advance this project. Please mark your calendars for Friday, September 27, 2019 at the Beanfield Centre, to learn about the City's preliminary analysis and provide your input to this important initiative. Further details will be announced.
For further information, please visit the City's project website: www.toronto.ca/nextplaceplan or email: email@example.com
Exhibition Place launches EBMS
This summer the Sales & Event Management team undertook training on the Ungerboeck software “EBMS” system. EBMS is an integrated convention centre software that provides a centralized CRM, allowing our teams to collaborate on client files for all of our Exhibition Place booked meetings, events, exhibitions and conventions.
While the EBMS system has been utilized by the EP Sales team for over 10 years; we are pleased to be expanding the platform to include the Event Management Services Teams and the Facilities Team. As we continue to roll out the platform, other teams will be added to the system later this year.
Utilization of the EBMS platform will benefit all of our clients by providing comprehensive Event Resumes and Service Order documents that are consistent with the North American convention centre industry standard. Our September 2019 shows and events will be the first to benefit from this new platform. What you will notice is the new look of your Event Resume and Service Orders in both formatting and presentation, along with our continued commitment to excellence in delivery of client services in our convention venues and across the grounds of Exhibition Place.