IT Support Representative
Exhibition Place is Canada’s largest entertainment venue, attracting over 5.5 million visitors a year. The 192-acre site is an integral component of Toronto and Ontario’s economy, particularly with respect to conventions, sport, festivals, recreation, culture, and tourism. Located at Exhibition Place is the award-winning Enercare Centre, Canada’s largest exhibition and convention centre which is now LEED Platinum certified, and Beanfield Centre conference venue which is LEED Silver certified. Since 2004, Exhibition Place has undertaken an environmental stewardship initiative, entitled GREENSmart; which includes the promotion of sustainable development, environmental initiatives, and leading edge green technologies and practices across the site. Our environmental initiatives have resulted in award-winning recognition across North America, such as the Platinum Waste Minimization Award from the Recycling Council of Canada, and have established Exhibition Place as a world leader in energy-efficient technologies.
Exhibition Place has adopted a vaccination policy, as a condition of employment all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination confirmation prior to commencing employment.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the IT Support Representative will provide support for data networks, associated hardware and telecommunications systems at Exhibition Place.
- Install pre-terminated Ethernet network cabling for events and clients
- Assist with IT show operations and general computer networking infrastructure
- Provide support to computer users for various systems including Windows, Apple iOS, and other types of wireless network clients
- Assist end users with connectivity and diagnosing issues on client side devices
- Provide support to third party events and clients related to the planning, installation and trouble-shooting for internet, network and telecommunication devices
- Install, test and network cabling for shows and events
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Experience in Information Technology, including end-user, support an asset.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking protocols and Ethernet.
- Knowledge of I.T. structured cabling environment would be considered an asset.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot effectively.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to lift up to 20 kg.
- Ability to work days, evenings and weekends including holidays, as required to support operational requirements.
All Exhibition Place employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the Exhibition Place Vaccination Policy.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion:
Exhibition Place is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
Exhibition Place is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Exhibition Place, we strive to be a model of public service excellence through employees' ongoing effort and commitment; we're looking to hire two as-needed IT Support Representatives.