Learning, Development & Diversity Consultant
Exhibition Place is Canada’s largest entertainment venue, attracting over 5.5 million visitors a year. The 192-acre site is an integral component of Toronto and Ontario’s economy, particularly with respect to conventions, sport, festivals, recreation, culture, and tourism. Located at Exhibition Place is the award-winning Enercare Centre, Canada’s largest exhibition and convention centre which is now LEED Platinum certified, and Beanfield Centre conference venue which is LEED Silver certified. Since 2004, Exhibition Place has undertaken an environmental stewardship initiative, entitled GREENSmart; which includes the promotion of sustainable development, environmental initiatives, and leading edge green technologies and practices across the site. Our environmental initiatives have resulted in award-winning recognition across North America, such as the Platinum Waste Minimization Award from the Recycling Council of Canada, and have established Exhibition Place as a world leader in energy-efficient technologies.
Our compensation package offers a competitive salary and pay-for-performance incentives. In addition, our total rewards program includes participation in OMERS – defined benefit pension plan, 100% employer paid health & dental plan, long term & short-term disability coverage, professional development opportunities, and tuition reimbursement.
Exhibition Place has adopted a vaccination policy, as a condition of employment all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination confirmation prior to commencing employment.
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, Payroll & Benefits, the Learning, Development & Diversity Consultant provides administrative support to the Manager and the division.
Reporting to the Manager of Human Resources, Payroll & Benefits, the Human Resources Consultant – Learning, Development and Diversity Lead will provide Human Resources (HR) services including implementing learning programs and practices in alignment with the Learning and Development Framework to accelerate culture and workforce transformation, workforce transition, talent development, support staffing efforts, lead the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) action plan and other HR initiatives.
- Responsible for providing learning and development guidance, advisory and consultative services to develop capability aligned to Exhibition Place’s strategy, values, and competencies.
- Create a positive learning experience for employees by introducing modern and highly engaging learning experiences. Identify best practices, carry out post-implementation analysis and provide recommendations for new and custom approaches to ensure continuous improvement and enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Manage logistics such as communicating initiatives, preparing course outlines, coordinating with the operating units on programs, managing vendors, entering, and tracking training data, monitoring the budget, and coordinating with HRIS to aggregate development objectives and plans.
- Provide detailed reporting and metrics on the Learning and Development Framework.
- Responsible for facilitating group training sessions and delivering innovative solutions that better enhance organizational effectiveness that is aligned with organizational objectives at the individual, leader, team, and organizational levels.
- Assist and support the talent development and mentorship programs that drive succession planning and build a leadership pipeline
- Lead and support advancing our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives across the organization along with other aspects of the organization’s strategic plan.
- Information System and/or database and prepare monthly, quarterly annual reports as needed
- Keep current with industry trends and product knowledge.
- Assist with the annual market/pay for performance process.
- Assist with the initiation, development, implementation and evaluation of policies, programs and procedures related to human resources.
- Maintain and update confidential employment records.
- Participate in special projects related to human resources management.
- Support new hire onboarding and other staffing initiatives when required.
- Perform other HR duties as assigned.
- Degree or Diploma in Social Services, or Human Resource Certification, or Human Rights Certification and/or equivalent combination of education and experience in a discipline pertinent to the job function.
- Several years of experience in human resources in major unionized public or private sector organizations.
- Adult Learning accreditation preferred
- Demonstrated competencies or accreditation as a diversity, equity, and inclusion resource.
- Experience in the design, development and delivery of learning strategies and programs.
- Experience utilizing software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and electronic mail).
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now and/or Human Resources Information Systems is an asset.
- Working knowledge of employment and related legislation (Human Rights Code, Employment Standards Act), contractual obligations, collective agreements and human resources policies and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential documents and reports.
- Proven customer service skills.
All Exhibition Place employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the Exhibition Place Vaccination Policy.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
Exhibition Place is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to this position due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, please email us quoting the job title and closing date. Exhibition Place is committed to providing Code-protection accommodation throughout its hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Exhibition Place, we strive to be a model of public service excellence through the ongoing effort and commitment of employees.