Exhibition Place is Canada’s largest entertainment venue, attracting over 5.5 million visitors a year. The 192-acre site is an integral component of Toronto and Ontario’s economy, particularly with respect to conventions, sport, festivals, recreation, culture, and tourism. Located at Exhibition Place is the award-winning Enercare Centre, Canada’s largest exhibition and convention centre which is now LEED Platinum certified, and Beanfield Centre conference venue which is LEED Silver certified. Since 2004, Exhibition Place has undertaken an environmental stewardship initiative, entitled GREENSmart; which includes the promotion of sustainable development, environmental initiatives, and leading edge green technologies and practices across the site. Our environmental initiatives have resulted in award-winning recognition across North America, such as the Platinum Waste Minimization Award from the Recycling Council of Canada, and have established Exhibition Place as a world leader in energy-efficient technologies.
Our compensation package offers a competitive salary and pay-for-performance incentives. In addition, our total rewards program includes participation in OMERS – defined contribution pension plan, 100% employer paid health & dental plan, long term & short-term disability coverage, professional development opportunities, and tuition reimbursement.
Reporting to the Security Supervisors, the Security Guard create a positive guest experience while maintaining a safe and secure environment on the grounds.
- Conducts proactive patrols of the grounds, inspects buildings and is required to monitor various security systems.
- Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls; assesses situations; liaises with emergency services and is to take statements to secure information provided by a witnesses.
- Maintains daily records of all activities and incidents on the grounds.
- Informs relevant authorities to locations in event of emergencies by activating emergency response systems and is required to assist with evacuation procedures as required.
- Performs parking enforcement duties and may be required to attend court.
- Performs road closure and traffic control duties as required.
- Enforces bylaws, Acts, Codes and policies as they relate to Exhibition Place.
- Escorts the general public, staff and cash assets as required.
- Performs first aid and CPR as required.
- Undertakes special projects, assignments and other duties as required
- Enrolled in or a graduate of Post-Secondary Law Enforcement/Criminology program or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Possess a valid Security Guard License.
- Possess a valid Class “G” Driver’s License.
- Possess standard first aid/CPR certification.
- Experience in law enforcement and security operational procedures is an asset.
- Knowledge of the Criminal Code and Trespass to Property Act.
- Knowledge of emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Proven customer service skills are required.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written is required.
- Experience utilizing software packages (word processing, and electronic mail).
- Ability to work rotating shifts including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion:
Exhibition Place is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to this position, due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, please email us quoting the job title and closing date. Exhibition Place is committed to providing Code-protection accommodation throughout its hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Exhibition Place, we strive to be a model of public service excellence through the ongoing effort and commitment of employees.